In 2011 SkySlope started out in the third bedroom of our CEO’s house with just him and two others. Every year since then we’ve experienced insane growth and after growing out of our previous 3 offices we have now settled into our new home in downtown Sacramento only two blocks away from the new arena and right in the heart of the action. The team has now grown from the original 3 to over 100 and our new space allows for us to aggressively move towards our goal of being 200 strong by the end of 2019.
By the power of an amazing product and tons of Red Bull we now have over 160,000 users spread out across 5000 offices nationwide. 8 out of the top 15 Real Estate Brokerages in the nation are currently using software in order to be paperless and all 8 of them use our product. But, despite being happy with what we’ve achieved we know that as industry leaders in our space there’s a lot of work left to be done. Because of that, in October 2017 we announced that SkySlope will become a part of the Fidelity National Financial (NYSE: FNF) family. This partnership will allow us to not only grow faster than we ever have before, but it will also allow us to build exciting new products for our customers while maintaining the same broker and agent-centric approach that we’ve become known for over the years.
Use the links below to get a detailed look into the company culture that earned us the reward of "best places to work in Sacramento" three years in a row by Sacramento Business Journal!
SkySlope TVP Series: https://bit.ly/2IRTw4n
SkySlope Insider Series: https://bit.ly/2Jlgu1p
Data engineers at SkySlope develop, test, and deploy new and improved software, while managing deliverables in a fast-paced, agile work environment. They are expected to continue promoting their talent via self-learning and collaboration with our senior engineers to pursue advancing their own seniority in the company.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Optimize MS SQL OLTP databases including schema, stored procs, and views to increase performance and reliability of connected applications - all with zero downtime.
- Understand, design, and support complex data structures
- Logical and physical database design
- Develop SQL stored procedures and views and optimize SQL processes
- Design and develop processes to support large scale systems for data processing, transformation, data quality, reporting, and analytics.
- Develop and maintain software through its full lifecycle
- Continually expand your engineering skills and techniques
- Increase domain knowledge about SkySlope and our clients
- Commit to team success by being an effective collaborator
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, issues, and deliverables
- Actively participate in discussions around process and solutions
- Contribute to the overall architecture of systems
- Communicate honestly, respectfully, and candidly with everyone
- 5+ years experience with MS SQL development using T-SQL
- DBA experience required (configure/tune/troubleshoot)
- Packaging and release management exposure
- Experience designing and optimizing OLTP databases in MS SQL.
- Source control (Git, TFS, SVN, etc.)
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Cloud services (AWS Lambdas, RDS, S3, EC2, CloudFormation, etc.)
- NoSQL experience (DynamoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Continuous Integration (CI) (Jenkins, CodePipeline, etc.)
- C# (.NET Core and Framework)
- Unit and Integration Testing
- Data warehousing experience
- MPP database experience (Redshift, Snowflake, Vertica, etc.
- Catered lunches Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Dog friendly office
- $125 monthly transportation stipend
- $100 monthly wellness allowance (to be used for gym memberships, yoga, golf fees, ski lift tickets, massages + more!)
- Monthly e-book stipend
- $1000 referral bonuses
- PTO and other time off
- 15 PTO days per year
- 16 paid holidays per year (5 floating to be used at any time)
- Paid day off on your birthday (plus $100 in spending cash)
- Annual company Kick Off Party
- Annual company Employee Appreciation Day
- Insurance Offerings
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 4 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Pet Insurance
- Retirement and Investment
- 401k + match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan opportunities