Sr Manager of Product Marketing
** Please note that this role is located in Sacramento, CA **
In 2011 SkySlope started out in the third bedroom of our CEO’s house with just him and two others. Every year since then we’ve experienced insane growth and after growing out of our previous 3 offices we have now settled into our new home in downtown Sacramento only two blocks away from the new arena and right in the heart of the action. The team has now grown from the original 3 to over 130 and our new space allows for us to aggressively move towards our goal of being 200 strong by the end of 2019.
By the power of an amazing product and tons of Red Bull we now have over 160,000 users spread out across 5000 offices nationwide. We’ve been successful because we obsess over building cutting edge software that makes the Real Estate world a better place. 8 out of the top 15 Real Estate Brokerages in the nation are currently using software in order to be paperless and all 8 of them use our product. But, despite being happy with what we’ve achieved we know that as industry leaders in our space there’s a lot of work left to be done. Because of that, in October 2017 we announced that SkySlope will become a part of the Fidelity National Financial (NYSE: FNF) family. This partnership will allow us to not only grow faster than we ever have before, but it will also allow us to build exciting new products for our customers while maintaining the same broker and agent-centric approach that we’ve become known for over the years.
Use the links below to get a detailed look into the company culture that earned us the reward of "best places to work in Sacramento" three years in a row by Sacramento Business Journal!
SkySlope YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2q5bZ31
SkySlope Insider Series: http://bit.ly/ssinsidervids
One of our most exciting and creative groups at SkySlope has an immediate opportunity for a Sr. Manager of Product Marketing. Reporting to the VP of Product, we are looking for someone who can bridge the product strategy to the go-to-market tactics that drive successful results in product, sales, and marketing.
You will, individually and as as team leader, be the key product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches. You'll utilize your keen understanding of our products, markets and competitors to develop positioning and messaging that resonates with current customers and new buyers. In addition, you will regularly collaborate with product managers, account management, support, marketing, and sales to ensure our product launches have the highest positive impact on our customers and business objectives.
- Establish and build out a high-functioning Product Marketing team.
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our customer personas, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target customer personas.
- Understand and document our customer’s buying process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- Ensure our customer-facing content such as release notes, user, and technical documentation are on point and are up-to-date.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 3 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Past experience as a leader of product marketing in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company.
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Google Docs, Microsoft Office, Asana or Basecamp.
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce.
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Hubspot and Google Analytics.
- Familiar with social networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t– working
- Skilled in public speaking, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- A team player with excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred.
- Pragmatic Marketing Certified (PMC) III or higher preferred
- Catered lunches Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Dog friendly office
- $125 monthly transportation stipend
- $100 monthly wellness allowance (to be used for gym memberships, yoga, golf fees, ski lift tickets, massages + more!)
- Monthly e-book stipend
- $1000 referral bonuses
- PTO and other time off
- 15 PTO days per year
- 16 paid holidays per year (5 floating to be used at any time)
- Paid day off on your birthday (plus $100 in spending cash)
- Annual company Kick Off Party
- Annual company Employee Appreciation Day
- Insurance Offerings
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 4 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Pet Insurance
- Retirement and Investment
- 401k + match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan opportunities
- CHECK US OUT